Employment Insurance

Apply on the Internet on or after your last day of work before the break by following these steps:

  1. www.servicecanada.gc.ca
  2. Go to “Employment Insurance”
  3. Go to “Applying for Employment Insurance”
  4. Be sure to check out “My EI on line” when you are there
  5. You will be asked to use a reference code when filing.If you do not have home access to a computer you may go to any public internet access computer such as The Winnipeg Public Library or to any Service Canada Office after your last day worked. Your record of employment is electronically submitted to EI by the Board Office. It is your responsibility to submit records of employment from any other employers you may have had in the last year.
    When filing you will need the following information:
  6. Social Insurance Number
  7. Mother’s Maiden Name
  8. REFERENCE CODE (this may not be needed anymore as of 2018)
  9. Your hourly rate of pay + your vacation % amount (see pay grids in the Collective Agreement)
    • Vacation percentages are as follows:
      • Less than 2 years of service = 4%
      • Between 2 and 5 years of service = 6%
      • Between 5 and 16 years of service = 8%
      • Between 16 and 25 years of service = 10%
      • After 25 years of service = 12%

NB: When you complete your b-weekly reports; don’t forget that MANTE employees are paid for Stat holidays (e.g. Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, and July 1)

Frequently Asked Questions: