- Objectives and Purposes
- Officers / Reps
- Executive Committee
- Meetings of Members
- Bylaws and Resolutions
- Permanency of the Association
||Section A – Annual
- The Annual General Meeting, or the last general meeting of the year, shall be held during the month of May at such place and on such day as the Executive Committee then in office shall decide.
- At least ten (10) days notice of such meeting shall be given to the membership
- At every annual meeting, in addition to any other business that may be transacted, the report of the officers and the financial statement shall be presented and the officers elected for the ensuing year.
- A quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of members shall consist of not less than 10% of members in good standing present in person, plus a majority of the Executive.
- At all meetings of members every question shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present unless otherwise required by the constitution and by-laws of the Association.
- An agenda as outlined in SCHEDULE D will be followed for all Annual General Meetings
- Any business motions or proposals pertaining to the entire membership and requiring a vote be sent out at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting
Section B – General
- Meetings of the Association may be called by the President or Vice-President and shall be called when requested by at least ten (10) percent of the total membership.
- At least ten (10) days notice of such meetings shall be given to the membership.
- Resolutions may be presented for consideration by members in good standing.
Section C – Quorum
- A quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of the members shall consist of the number of members present in good standing, including a majority of the Executive Committee.
Section D – Rules and Procedures for Association Meetings
- There shall be an agenda prepared which shall outline the order of business, initially for the guidance of the chairman and, secondly, for the information of members. An agenda for an Annual General Meeting may be changed, when necessary or advisable, by general consent or by a majority vote.
- The agenda shall be prepared in accordance with the following format:
- Call to order
- Introduction of Executive Committee
- Adoption of Minutes
- Reports (to be delivered in the following order)
- Committee Reports (in alphabetical order)
- Any other reports
- Old Business (business left from previous meetings)
- New Business – (Business arising out of Reports – motions in regard to such matters may be presented at this time.)
- Open Session – (A free discussion and question period and an opportunity for members to present motions in regard to such matters.)